Tuesday 14 June 2016

Shoujo Recommendation: Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Welcome back Readers!
Since I have yet to catch up on anime, I'll be posting about manga for the time being.
So, let's get it started shall we?
So if you're not to sure what the title above stands for (plus, it's super long)
'Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai' means 'It can't be helped I'm curious about Nekota'
Phew, what a long name.
Gotta be one hella boring manga.

HOLD IT! Chotto matte.

Yep, I'm guilty of thinking that when I first discovered it.
First, look at this:

Second, a short summary:
Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy (Nekota) with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?! 


Why? Does it not look interesting to you?
I mean c'mon, there's a guy! With a CAT head!
I repeat, a CAT head! 
Me being me, I just had to check it out.
And boy, I wasn't disappointed.

The reason why I'm hooked with this manga, is because I'm really curious with Nekota's real face.
Don't worry, you'll actually see a few glimpse from time to time. (but never his face)
It all depends on Mikki and her character development.
Also, Mikki isn't the usual protagonist in those normal shoujo manga.
This gurl is hella funny, and oblivious to everything.
She doesn't get caught up with just love but friendship is equally important.

It's a new shoujo manga with a twist for me.
Although I'm more of the type to pick a shoujo manga based on the male lead's face. (heh)
But I'm surprised I'm actually not annoyed by the big cat head.
In fact, it's actually really hilarious to see Mikki laughing at Nekota at everything he wears.
Here's some example:

 

So readers, if you're a shoujo fan, do check this out.
It's an ongoing manga with 18 chapters currently.
Once new chapter releases, I will be updating you about my view on it.

...Read it now.
Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment