Friday 17 June 2016

Shoujo Recommendation: Mizutama Honey Boy

Okaeri, Readers!
It's Friday!
Woop woop!! 



So why not spend that Friday of yours relaxing while reading a manga?
Sounds like a good idea eh?
Good news for you, I've found another Shoujo manga and you have to check it out!

There probably aren't a lot of shoujo manga that includes a girly main guy.
And a not-so-girly main girl.
The only manga I can think about with that similar setting is 'Otomen'.

However, I'm not a big fan of Otomen.
Sure, it's different than most shoujo manga.
The only thing I didn't like about it was that the main guy has 2 sides.
He has a very manly side (just for show), but he actually loves cute stuff (and he hides it away).

but WHY? Why do that?
I don't know about you but I'm more of the type that says,

"Be who you want to be, and not what others want you to be. 
F*ck their opinions, YOU matter the most"

And that is why, readers, I would strongly recommend Mizutama Honey Boy (Polkadot Honey Boy)


Mei Sengoku is the captain of the kendo club at her school, and is known as a very strong person, physically and mentally. Her friend, Shirou Fuji, is a boy who acts like a girl, but says that he loves her. Mei is focused only on becoming stronger, but she is beginning to question what is most important after all.

Like Otomen, the heroine is more manly while the hero isn't.
However, unlike Otomen, the hero embrace who he is.
And I absolutely LOVE ♥ that about Shirou.
He doesn't hide the fact that he's personality is girly, in fact, he's popular in school.
And dayum does he makes the stuff that even makes my kokoro flutter.
Here's my favourite quote from him:


As for Mei, she's strong, she's reliable.
She has no problem with how Shirou is.
But of course, everyone needs their own Prince (even if the prince acts like a princess)

Let me tell you, these duo are so freakin' hilarious.
With the addition of a third confused character, you'll have abs from laughing.
I mean c'mon look at this.

The man in striped coat is Fuji's Dad.

So do check this romance comedy manga!
Like the other recommendations, it's ongoing as well.
I haven't reached the latest chapter while I'm typing this,
because it's just too good so I just had to tell you about it.
So if there's a new chapter that's released, I'll share my views on it.
Can't wait~!

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment