Sunday 19 June 2016

Manhwa Recommendation: Bastard

Welcome back Readers!
I gotta be honest with you, I was about to post another shoujo recommendation.
But then life's more than just romance,
and there's always bastards around to ruin your life.

Yeap, Bastards.
Hence, I figured to take a total 180 degree change for today's post.
Rather than just manga, have you read manhwa?
Just like the Japanese comic, manhwa is Korean comic.
However, the Manhwa I've read so far are all coloured.
So I figured all Manhwa are? (Do correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anyways, back to this recommendation.
Bastard falls in the horror and psychological genre.
Out of all other manga and manhwa I've come across, Bastard's storyline is hella dark.
And let me tell you, the art and the storyline is just superb.

I wasn't able to find a very good summary of Bastard, since it's only a one liner.
Not joking.




So I thought I would come up with my own summary.
However, I just couldn't. I couldn't do it without actually spoiling the suspense.
The writer, Hwang Youngchan, actually has his reasons in doing so.
Although it might not pique your interest if you saw this manhwa at first (guilty),
Readers, in all seriousness, do read this.
You won't regret it.

There's a serial killer in my house!

Yeap, that's the summary you'll get everywhere.
Still not convinced?
Wait for it...

If Bastard is not to your liking (because it's creepy AF), no worries!
I'll post more manga/manhwa of other genres.

Don't look behind.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment