Monday 20 June 2016

Shoujo Recommendation: Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet

Welcome back Readers!
I really need to chill with these shoujo genre.

But I can't help it. I really am attracted to beautiful art style.
It's not my fault most of them I came across are shoujos.
And one of them happens to be Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet.


Ohno Fumi is a poor 2nd year high school student. Because of her father's debts, she's kicked out of her own home and has to rely on her own connections to survive. Thus begins her life as a live-in housekeeper for a reclusive writer. 

If you're a shoujo fan like me, you might realize that the art style is very similar to this:


Hirunaka no Ryuusei
15-year-old country girl, Suzume Yosano, has to move to Tokyo to live with her uncle due to her father's transfer. She bumps into a mysterious man who ends up taking her to her uncle's place after she gets lost. Turns out, Suzume will be seeing him a lot more often once she starts school because... he's her homeroom teacher!?

That's because they're of the same author/artist, Yamamori Mika.
If you haven't read either one of it, I highly suggest you do.
Besides the beautiful art, the storyline is superb.
I have to be honest, my bias will always be the male character with black/dark hair.
I just love dark haired characters. So sexy ♥.
So if you're like me, you'll adore both mangas.

Anyways, Hirunaka no Ryuusei 's plot twist is really something for me.
I didn't expect it at all.
However this manga is completed so I won't be discussing too much about it.

Back to Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet, I love both the main characters.
It has a realistic plot so it's not cringe-worthy.
The comedy, mix with the romance is just right.
It's actually quite a new manga that was released just last year,
and it's ongoing with a new chapter just out today.

As much as I want to discuss about the new chapter, I don't want this post to be too lengthy.
So Readers, do check both mangas out.
Yamamori sensei's work is one of my favourites;
And there's actually another manga by sensei that I really love.
But I'll recommend that in another post. So...

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment