Friday 1 July 2016

Shoujo Recommendation: Skip Beat!

Welcome back Readers!
I'm so excited about this post.
Why?
Heck, I'm talking about my most favourite of all favourites of mangas in my whole life!
I came across Skip Beat on 2009?

I first saw the anime on TV and while watching it halfway through,
I was alone in my living room so I switch off my TV when it haven't ended yet.
(Cuz I'm a scaredy cat, don't judge.)
And I was curious what happened so I search it up online.
And since then I've been hooked and introduced to this beautiful world of Anime.

Skip Beat is currently the only manga I collect.
It's still ongoing.
Sadly they discontinued the anime.
And came up with a Taiwan Drama instead a few years back.
*cough* Don't watch it. *cough*
I was so disappointed.




Nonetheless, I've been following this series ever since.
And I'm not backing out at all.
So enough with the chit chat.
I can go on forever.
Here's a synopsis, since I never post about it before.


Kyouko Mogami lived solely for her childhood friend Shoutaro "Shou" Fuwa. She follows Shou to Tokyo so that he may realize his dream of becoming a famous singer. When his dream is realized, Kyouko overhears the truth behind his decision to bringing her with him: he was using her as a maid. Shocked and enraged, Kyouko swears to take revenge by outdoing him in show business. With a new look and a new attitude, she joins LME, the agency where Ren Tsuruga (Shou's rival and the #1 actor of LME) works, in the hopes of achieving her goal of destroying Shou's pride. Along the way, she discovers her true self, makes new friends (and enemies), and finds herself at the heart of some interesting situations that will change her life, and the lives of all others involved, forever.

Okay so basically, for you who have not heard of Skip Beat before;
What have you been doing all your life?
Just kidding.
But seriously, I love the art, the storyline, the characters in Skip Beat.
It's mainly about showbiz, and the romance is between the two- no, three characters.

Kyoko Mogami is one awesome girl.
Again, not those oh-I-only-care-about-love kinda girl.
In fact she's the opposite, and we get to see how she develop (back) her feelings of love;
through her love for acting and the hardship she has to go through which also involves her mother.

And dayummmmm the main male lead?
I'll just put it out here that he's my one and only anime crush ♥.
(Sure, I have others but no one can beat him, really.)
Dark-haired, Dark past, Good looks, Actor.
Just look at this man.



And if Dark hair wasn't enough, he actually is a blondie as well.
Yesssssssss, no complaints.
I like a man who can do both.
Did I just said that?

Credits to Kanaetsuruga-san for the lovely colours.

I really love each character development.
It involves a much deeper shit (language please), compared to some mangas.
It doesn't just focus on the main leads but also others that are equally important.

Currently it's on chapter 237.
Only one chapter is released each month and although some might start complaining;
... I guess they just aren't real fans? (Just kidding.)
It's precisely why they complain, because we want to know more and we're too excited.
On another hand, I'm fine with the story progression.
But they need to update the book faster because I wan't to buy it asap.

So desperate for Ren Tsuruga...

Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment